During this time of uncertainty, the Learning & Participation team at NSCD have moved our normal face-to-face classes online including our Adult, Youth, Children’s classes and Centre for Advanced Training.
How online classes work
- Autumn Term Dates 2020 are 21.09.20 – 5.12.20 (mid-term break w/c 26.10.20)
- There is a reduced timetable with limited class numbers.
- Classes take place live on Zoom with our tutors teaching either from our studios or their homes
- Only to those who have registered, paid, and completed the consent form will receive the zoom link
- Completing the Online Consent Form involves assessing the safety of your home using our Risk Assessment Tool and accepting the terms of our Disclaimer.
- Take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions to help with any queries.
Why our classes are continuing online
Under current government guidance we have made plans for a phased return to our building for our students. Activities have been prioritised in line with government safety guidance.
Taking into consideration the safety of all our staff, full-time and part-time students, and the financial impact of COVID-19 on the viability of classes we have taken the decision to continue delivering our community classes online. This decision has been taken due to the following factors:
- The size and layout of our premises, the ability to maintain a safe one-way system and social distancing with increased numbers of people in the building
- The ability to assign a ‘fixed team’ or ‘bubbles’ with staggered start times to avoid mixing with others in our building
- The nature of dance activity which requires a range of movement in the space – studios currently have a 10-person capacity
- Sufficient changeover time between different classes to allow for cleaning to take place (minimum 30 minutes)
- For our younger participants and those that need carer support, the ability to maintain effective social distancing
- Maintaining effective infection protection and control measures to reduce the risk of transmission (being able to track and trace students from across varying regional communities)
- Our staff & participants who themselves suffer from health conditions or support family members who are classed as ‘at risk’
Includes guidance from
Protective measures for out-of-school settings during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak – Published 1 July 2020 & Working safely during coronavirus (COVID-19) Performing Arts Update 10 July 2020
We will continue to keep all our participants up to date with the latest information directly by email. If you are not currently a participant and would like to receive updates you can join our mailing list here and select ‘Take Part’.
Read the school’s full statement here: nscd.ac.uk/blog/coronavirus-covid-19-update