Terms & Conditions:
For the purposes of this document the term ‘event’ covers all classes, courses and workshops held at and or delivered by Northern School of Contemporary Dance.
By attending this/these event(s) you are accepting the following Terms & Conditions
- Latecomers will only be admitted at the discretion of event management staff and at an appropriate interval. No refunds or exchanges are available under these circumstances.
- Event management accepts no responsibility for possessions lost or stolen on the premises or personal injury.
- Unless otherwise indicated, all graphics, logos and commercial markings are registered trademarks. You may not use, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, distribute or modify any Trademarks in any way, including in advertising or publicity pertaining to or distribution of materials, without prior written consent.
- Event management reserve the right to make changes to these Terms & Conditions at any time without prior notice.
- Gift vouchers can be purchased online and at reception. Gift vouchers are non-refundable and non-transferable. Gift Vouchers are valid for 12 months from date of purchase.
- Event management reserve the right to refuse admission.
- Bookings for events will open in advance of the term and can be made online, over the phone or in person.
- NSCD does not reserve places on any of our events. All events must be paid for in advance of the term.
- NSCD requests that all participants fill in our consent form which is emailed to you on completion of payment through our online system. This must be completed before attending any participatory events, to make tutors aware of any medical issues and to provide an emergency contact details. Without this NSCD reserves the right to not admit a participant in the event.
- For Health and Safety purposes and for enjoyment of our events NSCD sets an upper limit of participant places. Once this limit is met no more places will be available, however participants can place themselves on a waiting list.
Concessions & Bursaries
- Concessions are available for our children’s, youth or adult classes on proof of student ID, income support, registered disabilities or senior citizens discount. (Proof of entitlement required).
- A discretionary amount of bursaries are available to support those who wish to partake but finance is a barrier. Participants must make a written request to the Learning & Participation Administrator, the email contact is email@example.com
Registration & Class Attendance:
- Please allow at least 20 minutes prior to the scheduled class time for registration. This allows for classes to commence on time and for all participants to register at reception.
- A second register will be taken in the studio for fire safety purposes.
- NSCD reserves the right to substitute tutors, vary the advertised programme or cancel classes if necessary, without notification.
- NSCD reserves the right to release the place of a participant if they have not attended for a minimum of 3 weeks and notified NSCD of their absence.
Responsibility & Discretion
- NSCD accepts no responsibility for any loss of property or personal injury.
- NSCD reserves the right to take action if it considers that any individual is not acting in an appropriate manner or complying with the above terms. NSCD staff reserve the right to refuse entry to classes at their discretion.
- In relation to participants under the age of 18 or in attendance to our Adult Creative Dance class, we appreciate them arriving to and being collected from their classes promptly.
- We cannot accept responsibility for participants Year 7 and up once sessions have finished. For younger children we ask that parents/carers wait in the foyer at the end of each session to collect / hand over from the class teacher. In the event of an emergency the office should be notified of late collection at the earliest opportunity upon which your child will be brought to the office until collected.
- It is your sole responsibility to ensure you are physically and medically fit to take part in any activities at NSCD.
- Participants take classes at their own risk. Please inform reception and your teacher of any medical condition that may affect your participation. We may require a doctor’s confirmation that your participation is approved
Your right to cancel
- When we confirm your place on the event at the NSCD, a legal contract is formed with NSCD (as explained in condition 2).
- You have the right to cancel this contract under the Consumer Contract (Information, Cancellation and Additional Payments) Regulations 2013 within 14 days of confirmation of your place on the event without giving any reason.
- The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day of the conclusion of this contract.
- To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by post or e-mail). You should exercise your right to cancel by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org . You may use the attached model cancellation form, but it is not obligatory.
- To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
- If you cancel this contract within the 14 day cancellation period, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you.
- If you requested to begin the performance of services during the cancellation period, you shall pay us an amount which is in proportion to what has been performed until you have communicated to us your cancellation of this contract, in comparison with the full coverage of the contract.
- Once outside of this 14 day period purchased, tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded, unless the event is cancelled. All tickets will be offered subject to availability at the time of booking. In the event of a cancellation NSCD will supply a voucher to the value of the ticket which can be used for future bookings and /or merchandise.
- All event purchases are non-transferrable.