CATAPULT is a year-long professional development opportunity for an emerging dance maker, creative partnership or collective based in Yorkshire.
The selected artist(s) will receive free rehearsal space, producing and business advice from Spin Arts and a bursary of £3000. In 2022/23 CATAPULT will run November 2022 – October 2023.
Wednesday 24 August 2022 | Applications open
Friday 30 September 2022 | Closing date for applications
Friday 11 November 2022 | Interviews
CATAPULT aims to support your creative practice and professional development, with a focus on:
• Researching and developing your artistic ideas, with the option to present new work to an audience
• Raising your profile in the region and beyond
• Helping you to transition from training to industry
• Helping you to establish core organisational skills
CATAPULT is delivered by NSCD as a National Portfolio Organisation of Arts Council England, in partnership with Spin Arts.
Creative business advice and management
Producing and business advice from Spin Arts. Services include:
• Artist development – coaching about career goals and ambitions
• Fundraising – identifying sources of funding and supplying successful examples of applications
• Distribution – advice on tour feasibility
• Project Management – supplying contract and project planner templates
• Financial Management – supplying budget and cash flow templates
• Marketing – advice and promotion via Spin Arts, including use of social media platforms, and supplying marketing pack examples
• Evaluation – discussion and help in shaping evaluation frameworks and providing report examples.
• 10 days of free rehearsal space (to be agreed)
• Access to NSCD’s Riley Theatre – an opportunity to present new work or work-in-progress
• Artistic Mentoring, Technical and Marketing support at Riley Theatre, by NSCD staff
• A bursary of £3,000 to support theatre trips, promotional material, professional development and artistic mentoring
• Networking and shadowing opportunities
• Act as an advocate for the CATAPULT programme, NSCD and Spin Arts
• Share your practice or learning with the local community or local professional community
• Discuss and write a project agreement, outlining aims and objectives prior to being awarded a £3,000 bursary
• Share work-in-progress a minimum of once during the 12-month programme
• Write a final evaluation report reflecting on achievements and challenges
In order to apply you should have:
• Graduated from a dance programme at degree or postgraduate level, or equivalent study, within the last five years (i.e. graduated between 2018 – 2022)
• Evidence that you are based, living and/or working in Yorkshire, or may have come to study in Yorkshire, and can demonstrate a commitment to the region
• A demonstrable passion and talent for dance choreography that is conceptually relevant to the society that we live in
• A track record of being pro-active, self-motivated and committed to the development of your practice, and a willingness to engage with others in the process of developing and reaching audiences
• A commitment to sharing work-in-progress during the 12-month programme
NSCD believes that diversity and a diverse workforce is critical to its future development. As an equal opportunities employer we actively encourage interest from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, age, race, cultural background, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief.
Artists are required to submit the following by Friday 30 September 2022 via an online form
Candidates will also need to complete an Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.comApply now
"CATAPULT has informed my practice in business and the development of my brand, and has helped me gain the exposure to the industry that I really needed."
“CATAPULT was absolutely crucial to getting Gracefool off the ground and we almost certainly wouldn’t be where we are today without it.”