Applications close Wednesday 11th July (noon)
Northern School of Contemporary Dance is seeking applications for CATAPULT, a year-long professional development opportunity for an emerging dance maker, creative partnership or collective based in Yorkshire.
The programme, which includes a £3000 bursary to support professional development, aims to support the creative practice and strategic development of the artist(s) with a focus on:
• developing and presenting new artistic work
• raising the profile of the artist(s) in the region and beyond
• implementing strategies to transition from training to industry
• establishing core organisational skills.
The programme commences in September 2018 and runs until August 2019.
CATAPULT is funded through the National Lottery and delivered by NSCD as a National Portfolio Organisation of Arts Council England, in partnership with Spin Arts Management.Application Pack Submit Application
What we can offer:
Creative business advice and management
Producing and business advice from Spin Arts Management’s Director and Creative Producer. Services include:
• 10 days of free rehearsal space at NSCD (at times to be pre-agreed around the School Schedule)
• Access to Meeting rooms at NSCD (to be arranged as above)
• 5 days of free rehearsal space at Dance Studio Leeds, arranged in association with Spin Arts
• Access to NSCD’s Riley Theatre- an opportunity to present new work or work-in-progress
• Artistic Mentoring, Technical and Marketing support at Riley Theatre, by NSCD staff
• A bursary of £3,000 to support theatre trips, promotional material, professional development and artistic mentoring.
• Networking and shadowing opportunities
In return the artist/s will be asked to:
• Act as an advocate for the CATAPULT programme, NSCD and Spin Arts.
• Attend training events, conferences or performances on their behalf
• Share their practice or learning with the local community or local professional community
• Discuss and write a project agreement, outlining aims & objectives prior to being awarded a £3,000 bursary
• Present new work or work-in-progress a minimum of once during the 12 month programme
• Recipients are required to write a final evaluation report, reflecting on achievements and challenges
In order to apply artists should have:
• Graduated from a dance programme at degree or postgraduate level or equivalent study within the last four years and will have spent at least one year outside training (i.e. graduated between 2014 – 2017)
• Evidence that they are based, living and/or working in Yorkshire, or may have come to study in Yorkshire, and can demonstrate a commitment to the region
• A demonstrable passion and talent for dance choreography that is conceptually relevant to the society that we live in
• A track record of being pro-active, self-motivated and committed to the development of their practice, and a willingness to engage with others in the process of development and reaching an audience
• A commitment to making at least one new work during the 12 month programme.
Artists are required to submit the following by Wednesday 11th July (noon) to email@example.com
If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Northern School of Contemporary Dance and Spin Arts are equal opportunities employers and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.SUBMIT APPLICATION
Tuesday 5th June: Applications open
Wednesday 11th July (noon): Closing date for applications
Week commencing Monday 16th July: Shortlisting stage
Monday 23rd July: Interviews
The programme starts Monday 3rd September 2018 and runs until August 2019.
“CATAPULT was absolutely crucial to getting Gracefool off the ground and we almost certainly wouldn’t be where we are today without it.”
Header Ham and Passion by Carlos Pons Guerra, DeNada Dance & CATAPULT Artist 2013 © Boneshaker Photography
Page This really is too much by Gracefool Collective, CATAPULT Artist 2014 © Lidia Crisafulli (1 & 3), Ham and Passion by Carlos Pons Guerra, DeNada Dance & CATAPULT Artist 2013 © Boneshaker Photography (2)
Artist Testimonials (l-r) Carlos Pons Guerra © Josh Hawkins, Gracefool Collective © Maria Alzamora, Crystal Zillwood © Josh Hawkins